I had an old beaded "silk" pouch from the dollar store which I kept all my knitting notions in, but it had always been just a tad too small, and it was getting quite beat up, so I made myself a new one. The pattern is similar to my change purse pattern, just bigger. The pouch came out to about 6.5 x 4.5 inches.
I tried a slightly different way of handling the zipper and I'm not quite sure I like it. If I do it again, I use the old way, I much prefer the results.
I added the little charm on a whim, and I'm glad it did, it adds just the right 'sparkle' and makes it easer to use the zipper. (And it can be uses as a stitch marker in a pinch)
And it fits all my supplies with room to spare. Sweet!
(btw, notice the little jar of badger balm I really love that stuff. I highly recommend it.)
I'm thinking of making more of these for my shop but I'm not sure if anybody else would want them (I'm thinking of charging around $10ish) but it's a moot point at the moment as my sewing machine has decided it wants a vacation.
I got a book on sewing machine maintenance from the library, but it seems my problem may be beyond the scope of simple home repair, so I have to call the sewing machine repair place on Monday to get a quote and figure out what to do.
Friday, June 20, 2008
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.