Tuesday, January 15, 2008

By Jove I think they've got it!

Sock class is looking up.
Last week there were some timing problems and I think I tried to show them a few things that were just over their heads.

But his week went swimmingly! We started on time, and I was able to show them almost everything I had planned for that class. I decided not to show them everything on the hand outs I had prepared, instead focusing on the ones that were absolutely necessary to move forward, and then leaving the option open for them to request demonstrations of the other techniques later. They seemed to pick up the concepts quickly, and while there were a few doubtful comments of "I don't see how this is supposed to work." it all came out in the end!

I'm really looking forward to next week's class, we'll be covering toes and heels, and I'll be asking them to knit a tiny practice sock. Everybody seemed up beat and confident, and that makes me so happy!

2 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

You never understand until you try, how hard it can be to teach a group to knit... just be glad they weren't 20 teenage girls ;-)

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.