Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'd like to be under the sea, in an octopus' garden in the shade

Meet P.Z.*

Photobucket

P.Z. is an adorable Amigurumi style Octopus from Octopode Pandemonium

Cat included for scale:

Photobucket

He was a lot of fun to make, it's been a while since I've made any Amigurumi, and well, Cephalopods are just irresistible!

Stats:
Time: about three days on and off, it would have been much quicker, but crocheting at a tight gauge really kills my wrist and I need frequent breaks.
Hook: G
Yarn: random blue/variegated acrylic from my stash.
I thought the variegated yet still blue of the yarn mimicked a real octopus's colour changing ability. (And it was cute!)

Before assembly:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I thought the legs looked like little blue sausages. Bill says the looked more like fuzzy blue tampons.

The body was mad in one piece, because I hate seaming. legs were 15 rounds of plain crochet.


After Assembly, aka the obligatory 'stuff on my cat' shot:

Photobucket

* My Husband named him after one of the bloggers he reads: P.Z. Myers from Pharyngula

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.