Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've been a busy little beaver

But it's been mostly embroidery.

First the knitting content:
I'm almost finished with Tasha's socks, I have just the ribbing to go and they will be done. I'm hoping to work on them tomorrow on the trip to Watertown.

On the embroidery front:
I like peacocks; I especially like peacock blue thread. So I made a peacock:
Photobucket

I was thinking the other day about Dolls, and I wondered if I could figure out how to make one. So I found a little girl picture and went to town.

Photobucket

I was pretty happy with the way it turned out. I think I would have liked to have done something with her dress though, that's a lot of blank space. Perhaps next time I do one.

I was so happy with the way the doll turned out I tried another idea that had been running through my brain: Goddess Dolls. They came out better than I hoped and I really liked the way the coloring worked. I'm offering these two up for sale in my Etsy shop if anybody is interested.
PhotobucketPhotobucket


With the success of the Goddess Dolls I decided to make children's dolls too, but I needed to draw the design myself in order to sell. So I started sketching. While warming up my drawing muscles I came up with a nifty little design that I though looked cool, and decided to see what it would look like worked up. I was quite pleased:
Photobucket

the success of my first 'art embroidery' got me going and I doodled some more and came up with a pretty heart and vine pattern that I thought would look really nice as a pillow edging. But as I was playing around I realized it would really neat on a shirt too:

Photobucket
(can you tell I like curlicues?)

There are meant to be flowers on the vines too, but I was having difficulty with the stitching through the stabilizer and couldn't get them to work on the shirt.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.