Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday Sky

Today while we had Cayenne out for her afternoon romp we decided to walk down to the river to see what we could see.

All that white? That's the mighty St Lawrence. Frozen.
Those brown splotches in the foreground and the pole in the middle of the picture are the docks.

I was actually standing on the water when I took this picture.
Gotta love winter in the North Country!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday Sky, taken February 24, 2007 at 12:45pm

Don't believe I was really standing on the water? Here's a picture of Bill and Cayenne out on the river too:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
that's the dock next to them, Bill is getting ready to slide across that patch of exposed ice next to him.

3 comments:

Rositta said...

I made a mistake on my sock yarn, I had to update my blog now. The source for my pattern is also there for anyone to get, free.
I haven't seen the St. Lawrence frozen since we lived in Montreal, but did drive along there two summer's ago on our way back from Nova Scotia. It is an awesome river...ciao

Sonja said...

Your socks are lovely! You stopped by Knitwit Central and admired my sock yarn. Don't forget that you can order yarns too, whenever the time is right for you.

Abigail said...

Rositta-
Thanks for the update.
I love the St. Lawrence it's so beautiful, and my little town is so peaceful and pretty, even during tourist season.
It's really fun during the winter to watch all the ATVs and snow mobiles speed past on the river, and all the little ice fishing huts dotting the horizon.

Sonja-
Thank you! I didn't know about being able to special order! I will most definitely have to do that once I have the spare cash again!

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.