Sunday, March 11, 2007

Before and after

I blocked the sheep shawl the other day.
It got huge!
Before:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


After:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A lot of people said when they saw the unblocked picture that it hardly needed blocking, and so did I, but now that I see the difference, it's amazing! The Zephyr is just awesome to work with, I was afraid that the washing as blocking would take away it's sheen, but if anything it got even better.

Modeled:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(not the best picture, but the best I could do with a tripod and a 10 second lead.)

I can't wait to give this to Monica.
It's a good thing that may is right around the corner!

Up next, the wedding veil shawl.
I have a little started on it right now, and it looks rather un-assuming, but I'm hoping that it transforms as beautifully as the sheep shawl did. I'm only knitting it in merino lace weight though. But it feels like it has a lot of stretch to it, and it's buttery soft and cozy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 comments:

Windansea said...

That is so very beautiful - and I like how your little dog is peeking out at the bottom of the picture! Lydia

Abigail said...

Hee!
Thank you.
I almost edited her out, but couldn't help myself, and left her in.
She's such a darling!

Erica said...

Gorgeous!

Monika said...

It turned out great! Just the right size! I like the look your puppie gives you as well!

MJ said...

Yes, very nice on the shawl!

Anonymous said...

Oooh pretty, yay! Keep an eye on my LJ, I have NEWS, and I refuse to be straightforward about it, 'cause I'm a brat! Yep!

Annie said...

A great great work.Nice looking.

Abigail said...

Thanks all!

Monika –
She's adorable isn't she? She probably thought I was nuts! I kept running back and forth trying to get a good picture. A 10 second lead is so not enough.

kat said...

it turne out beautiful. isn't it amazing what blocking does.

Paula said...

I had a bad experience with lace last year and am still afraid of it.
But after seeing how beautiful your shawls are I may have to go to lace therapy this spring and try again.
I especially like the sheep shawl. I am always amazed at how the shawls grow when they get blocked. It is like magic!

P.S. thanks for visiting my blog today and the yarn I am using for the stripy socks is the fun 'magic stripes' yarn.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.