Monday, January 08, 2007

About commenting:

Today is the beginning of national de-lurking week.

And in honor of it I'd like to make a post about commenting:

I love comments, both giving and receiving.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to receive feedback on my projects.

I try to make comments on other people's blogs as well, because I'm sure they would like feedback too.

Sometimes I can't think of anything pertinent to say, and that's ok, but I always try to make an effort to let the other bloggers out there that I read know that they are appreciated and that their knitting is super cool. (Although sometimes when I read my bloglines I'm just too tired or scatterbrained to come up with something appropriate, I'm going to be trying to make a better effort at commenting though in the New Year)

About commenting in this blog:

Like I said, I LOVE reading your comments, and I often try to reply to let you know. Blogger doesn't give me your e-mail addressed though, and sometimes I'm too lazy or not sleuth-y enough to find them, so I will often just replay as a new comment in that post. I also do this because sometimes I get questions and I want everybody to be able to benefit from the answers. I don't want you guys to think that I'm ignoring you :) also, sometimes by the time I get around to replying, several people have made comments, so to save time and coherency I will usually reply individually to people within the same comment.

Once my job restarts in the summer I will most likely have much less time and energy to devote to posting and commenting, but trust me, I will still be knitting and reading all your comments!

For all that comment in my blog:

You guys rock! Not only do you put up with my babbling, but you usually give some really awesome input and I love hearing from you, keep it up!

And to all you lurkers out there (I know there are some, I check my hit stats) de-lurk! I'd love to hear from you! And not just this week, all the time, interaction is why I started this blog.


23 comments:

MJ said...

That's funny! The post and the pic!

Abigail said...

Thanks!
:D
(the pics of course are not mine, but come from the awesome Paper Napkin who started the delurkign week thing.)

Windansea said...

That's pretty funny!! Even my mom doesn't comment on my blog....so I know there are plenty of people out there who read and move on!! Lydia

Anonymous said...

Ha ha I feel extra special, since I posted one lousy comment before this :-P Though, my laziness will still keep me from posting on a regular basis!

Abigail said...

Windansea --
I wish my mom would read my blog! i love feedback, so I hope people really do pay attention and comment more.

Momo --
You ARE extra special! :p

Michele said...

I try to comment when I can. I know of lots that can comment at will, but sometimes I just can't find the right words....

Plus, sometimes, I'm reading blogs when I sohuld be working, then I just feel guilty! LOL

Erica said...

I love the stitch markers, and the shawl looks like it's going to be GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

I guess I'm somewhat of a lurker.
But I do comment in some blogs.
Loved your post.

deborahp@ptd.net

jenifleur said...

I'm guilty of reading posts in bloglines and never going to the blog to comment. Before bloglines came on the scene, though, we all used to have a lot more fun through our comments. One of my resolutions this year was to get out there and leave comments and try to do that drive-by reading thing less.

So HI!! Happy delurking week!

Joansie said...

I love your blog. Great knitting. Like you, I'd like to know who looks at my blog and do they like my crafts.
Joansie
http://360.yahoo.com/oceanloverinvt

Abigail said...

Michele
I have similar problems, I sometimes just cannot think of something to say, I'm hoping if I make more of an effort the words will begin to flow more easily.

ericah64
I have so much fun making the markers, keep your eyes open, in a month or so there may be a chance for somebody to win a free set. ;)

Deborah
Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you enjoy, and feel free to come back and comment whenever you like!

jenifleur
Bloglines is my downfall as well, I have a tendency to read and surf away, loosing the post, and then I forget to comment, I'm making more of an effort to make myself open the actual blog post in a new tab to come back to later and hopefully reply if I can think of anything worthy.

Joansie
Thanks for stopping by! It's so awesome to see all the people who read my blog!

Anonymous said...

&waves*

Nothing really to say today, sorry....

Abigail said...

:) it's ok Ourika, you already comment a lot on regular posts, so you already rock my socks.

kat said...

i have the same problem in thhat i use blogger & sometimes its impossibel to write the person back because they don't have an email link anywhere on their blog or profile but i love getting comments

Abigail said...

I know, I wish Blogger would at least indirectly give us the option to e-mail cementers, even if we never see their addresses.
Ah well, I can still content myself with replying in another comment and hoping they see it.

Kelley said...

What a great post! I feel the same way. I've put a link to this post in my own blog, since you summed up my feelings so succinctly. (Hope that's okay--if not, I'm happy to delete it. Just let me know.)

Linda said...

just wanted to de-lurk and say hi!...
love the blog :-)

Abigail said...

Kelley
Thank you so much, and linking is fine by me. (but a HUGE thanks for asking first!)

Linda
Hi! Thanks for stopping in and saying hello!

Nana Sadie said...

Hi! I've just discovered you in the past week or so, so I'll be back!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Love those stitch markers!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby: I just joined the lace shawl KAL and I was looking to see what the other members are knitting--and you're first on the list. So since you're discouraging lurkers, I'd like to say "hello". I like your shawl choice, and it will be interesting to hear about and see your progress.

Abigail said...

KnitNana
Thanks! it looks like you have a pretty neat blog too, I love it when people comment, I get more cool blogs to read!

Impressionist
Hello too, and thanks! I have so much fun making the stitch markers.

Marjorie
Thank you for stopping by!
:D I've knit simple lace shawls before but this is my first 'professional' pattern, the others I wrote myself, so this is going to be an interesting experience.

Jo said...

Abigail, I have nothing witty to say...

But I do enjoy checking out your blog... and just like you, I enjoy getting comments also.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.