Thursday, January 25, 2007

A little too excited

Oops!


I got so excited over Lime and Violet in my last post I forgot to give an update on what I'm knitting!


I finished the hat I was knitting for my grandmother.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used Lambs Pride Worsted in colour m-100 Supreme Purple, and a bit of some leftover grey.

Size 7 (4.5mm), 16" circular needles and This Pattern

It came out very soft and cushy and very warm, I think grandmother will like it. We go into Watertown again tomorrow, so I will give it to her then. She doesn't know I was making it, so I think she will be surprised!

And because I can't control myself I started the Squirrel and Oak mittens

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm using my magnet board for the shawl though, and I'm about as far as I can get in the mittens without it now, so they will just have to wait until I finish the shawl to get any further.

(or until I loose all my willpower and go out and buy another magnet board.)

I started with my braided cast on but some how mucked it up in the first row, so it looks a little funky.

Also, I've been dying to try out some of the braid from Folk Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush, so I threw one of those in before starting the charts proper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have both mitts on the needles at once?

Abigail said...

Yep, it's roughly the same thing as doing two socks at once.

TURBOchic said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. They look so awfully cute!

Abigail said...

Thanks, it may be a while, I need to finish the sheep shawl first before I can do much more work on the mittens.

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.