Monday, January 22, 2007

Just a small town girl

Tonight is another meeting of the Clayton Knitt-Witts.

And as I gather my things together I realize that it's time for another sheep shawl update!
I have made it to the village; you can just see the rooftops peeking over the horizon.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had a few rough spots in the orchard, mostly me forgetting to pay attention until I'm half a row away and have to tink back and fix my mistakes.
I'm about 44% finished with the shawl, and I just weighed my skein of Zephyr and I'm only one oz in. This means I should have plenty of yarn left over!
Looking at it right now it looks a bit loose and sloppy to me, but when I stretch it out the patterns look much better; so while I'm not completely happy with it right now I think it will even out and look much nicer once I'm finished and can block it.
And once again because I don't believe in monogamy, I've started something else:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's a hat for my grandmother, she saw me knitting the gaiters and requested a winter hat for herself, and how can I refuse?
Also another project in the works!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The yarn I ordered from Knit Picks arrived yesterday, which means I can finally start the squirrel and oak mittens for Bill!
My lace weight for the veil also arrived, but it is in giant hanks, I'm hoping I can wrangle Bills mother to help me wind it into more manageable balls while we are at the knitting thing, the store has a ball winder I can use that should make the job a cinch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The yarn you bought for your grandma's hat is my new favorite bulky yarn. It's what I knit up the (not) red scarf project scarf with, and it was a nice knit in my hands while being more affordable than some of the other things I knit with.

Good stuff :-)

kat said...

oh i love those mittens they are so cute.

Erica said...

Shawl looks great!

Hee, hee -- when I saw the title of your post, I thought "Just a small-town girl, livin' in a lonely world..." Oh, dear. Am I dating myself or WHAT?

Abigail said...

Ourika—
It's the only good quality wool my LYS/hardware store sells; everything else is acrylic, or novelty. (Although looks like last night they might be getting some good quality sock yarns too.)

Kat—
Yeah, Bill's got a thing for oak trees and I thought the squirrel was quite cute! I can't wait to get working n them!

ericah64—
Took a midnight train going anywhere...
:D hehe
I had that song stuck in my head all night after I made the post. Bill is a big sucker for cheesy love songs from the 70'a and 80's, so I get to hear them all.

Leah said...

The shawl is coming along great ~ the Zephyr really doesn't come into its own till it's blocked so it'll look so great when you get finished and block it. WTG!!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.