Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Excuse me, I think I just squee'd myself

The Barbara Walker books I ordered just arrived!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh. My. Gods! These are just stunning treasuries of patterns, I am having so much fun just paging through them.

I've been putting off getting these books, because I wasn't sure if I would like them, but they are AMAZING!

I only ordered the second treasury and the third treasury, I can get the first via my library, but I may have to buy that one too just so I can always have it on hand, and I see that she came out with a fourth treasury when the originals were reprinted.

I'm not big into pattern books, styles come and go, and frankly, I can almost never follow a pattern to a tee, I always make changes. (and almost anything I want to make I can find rough instructions online or in an Elizabeth Zimmerman book) but stitch libraries like this, I'm addicted! And the Barbara Walker treasuries are some of the best I've seen, she talks about the stitches and incorporating them into your own designs, or making your own! Perfect for somebody like me!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooooooooooooooooh, if you ever decide you don't want them.........................lol

Abigail said...

Hehe when I'm dead!
:p :D

I have so many plans, I've already spotted a few patterns I want to use on socks, and I see a few really good shawl worthy patterns in them too!

I think I might be going into ferret shock

jenifleur said...

These are absolute must-haves, in my opinion. Whenever new knitters join our SnB, I try to discourage them from buying a bunch of pattern books that will be out of style in a year and try to get them to invest in books like these, that will serve them forever.

You're going to love them!

Erica said...

OH, I'm SO jealous! I keep checking out #2 & #4 from the library (I have #1), but I haven't seen #3.

I was planning to use my Christmas money for them, but we ended up spending it on bills. Not fun, but worthwhile.

Abigail said...

Thank you jenifleur, I really am loving them, but I have so many ideas I want to used them for, I don't know where to start!

ericah64—
#3 is by far my favorite so far, it is so much easier for me to look at a charted design and figure out how to incorporate it into my work.
Although I do have to admit I love them all, you should totally get them when you have the chance.

Rositta said...

Nice blog, I have to figure out how to get those bars of your for my blog, wip, I could use them. ciao

Abigail said...

Rositta --
Thanks, I'm glad people enjoy my blog!
Links to progress bars and beta fixes are all right underneath my progress bars, feel free to surf around!

Rositta said...

thank you abigail, :-)

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.