Tuesday, December 26, 2006

ho ho ho

I hope everyone had a good Christmas/Yule/Solstice/Hanukah/Kwanza/Festivus/whatever.

Just a few pictures from my holiday:


the sky on the way down to my parent's house was beautiful, I don't this picture does it justice, especially as I had to take it out of a moving car's window.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

While setting the table for dinner, my grandmother's cat, Rusty tried to get in on the act. I think he was disappointed, no food yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

home this morning, Cayenne cuddling/shredding her new friend.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

chocolate cake truffles that I gave out for Christmas, the top ones are Kahlua with powdered cocoa coating, middle was Baileys with powdered sugar, and the bottom was Kirsch.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and for knitting content!

Some little knitted gifts I gave:

Perdita for my cousin, she loved it! (it's unfinished in this picture, because I had to wait until I could measure it on her wrist before putting on the loops to fasten it with.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The mitered square heart sachet(pdf)

This was quite fun to knit, and my grandmother loved it! I stuffed it with lavender, and she kept picking it up and sniffing it throughout the present opening.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I enjoyed making the sachet so much, I wanted to try making it in this neat worsted wool I had too, so I set down to fiddle with the pattern and came up with this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my soon to be mother in law loved it.

and then a gift for myself, I wasn't sure I liked the way the ridges worked on the fist version, so I tried on with just stockinet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm still not sure which way I like better. Ah well.




3 comments:

MJ said...

MMMmmmmmmm truffles!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful sky!
Yummy truffles, and a wonderful sachet.

Merry Christmas to you, and a soon to be Happy New Year!

Abigail said...

Thank you Lyndanna!

The truffles were delicious, I've gotten nothing but compliments, and they were so easy to make!

Powered By Blogger

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
This blog and everything contained within is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.